Monday, April 26, 2010

Introduction


Welcome to Broke Sandwich. Please exercise patience while I fiddle with the layout and graphics.

My goal for this blog is to offer practical, awesome, self-tested (and legal) tips for saving money, getting stuff for free, and getting extra money out of seemingly thin air. All from experience I've personally gathered from growing up not-exactly-rich, working a job I love for shite pay, going to college at the same time, and living in one of the most expensive cities in the US.

Most of the "money-saving tips" sites out there are for people with kids, and mortgages, and cars, who don't want to give up their weekly manicure, not people to whom "slice of pizza that has been sitting there for like, 3 days" is a totally viable meal option, and had to pillage the couch cushions for change to take the bus to work. There's no real point in planning a budget when your bank account has 7 cents in it.

It isn't always easy, but I somehow manage get by with a take-home pay of around $800/month (with monthly rent of $750.) My dad used to tell me about when he lived in England, he and his friends would have "wish sandwiches" - take two slices of bread and wish you had some meat. We're going to get creative here.

In the meantime, check out some of the sidebar links for a start on some free resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment