Sunday, June 27, 2010

Free Macaroni for Life?


If it seems like I won't shut up about Swagbucks, it's because I'm really grateful to that site for helping me out when need it.

For those of you who know me, yes I have a much better job than I did 3 months ago, but things are still tight (this is San Francisco, after all). I'm thankful for every little freebie or extra bit of cash I can get my hands on, and I recently discovered a way to combine my Swagbucks earnings with amazon.com's reoccurring bulk grocery shipments to get completely free food. Let me explain...

If you weren't aware, amazon.com has a lot of groceries you can buy for pretty decent prices, usually in packs of 12. They recently added an option to sign up for regular deliveries of a product, either every month, two months, three months, or six months.

I know I keep saying "I made $xx in amazon.com gift cards", but that's a little vague. The prizes are e-cards; you exchange your Swagbucks for the prize, and within two weeks (they post prizes on the 15th and 30th of every month), you receive the code in the Gift Cards section of your Swagbucks account. Once you get the code, you can apply it in your amazon.com account—you can combine as many cards as you like, and the balance is automatically applied when you check out.

Now back to getting free food. For example, this: Kraft Blue Box Macaroni & Cheese, 7.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 15) costs $18.20, making each box cost $1.21. Not bad, but if you sign up to have it delivered, say, every 3 months, the cost goes down to $15.47 (with free shipping), or $1.03 per box.

So, you've signed up for reoccurring shipments of macaroni or other cheap food that you use often (ramen is another good idea). Now all you have to do is make sure you keep enough on your gift card balance, and you'll get regular deliveries of completely free food. If you signed up for delivery every 2 months, all you'd have to do is make sure you earn 2 $5 amazon.com gift cards every month, which is super easy (I made $25 worth this month alone!)

Do yourself a favor and get on Swagbucks if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment